Edward J. Gulda
FJC Group, LLC, 04/1998 - Current
Founder and Managing Partner
The group was founded to acquire business and to provide interim executive services. We continue to take assignments as interim executive, business consultant, M&A advisor, project leader. This has also led to full time employment. Engagements included:
· Interim Senior Vice President, Accuride Corporation (see below).
· CTC Distribution: Revitalized and staffed a distribution center for Asian imports to auto makers.
· Asian Importer/Distributor: Reorganized the distribution center for another Asian importer.
· Tripmaster Corporation. Acquired the Tripmaster onboard electronic fleet management business from Meritor, Inc. Merged it with its two largest distribution companies. Continued with the business through its sale.
· Deloitte Consulting LLP. Advisor to their internal automotive supply outsourcing project.
· Advisor to private equity firms, independent investors, bond holders, and fund managers.
Accuride Corporation, 12/2007 – 02/2011
Senior Vice President
Began as interim executive. Direct hired to help lead restructuring. Chief executive of six of the seven Accuride businesses: Gunite, Brillion Iron Works, Fabco Automotive Corporation, Bostrom Seating, Imperial Group, Brillion Farm Equipment. Engineering executive of the seventh business, Accuride Wheels. Completed the assignment through relisting on the NYSE.
Peregrine Incorporated, 12/1996 – 02/1998
Chairman and CEO
With a private equity firm, negotiated the acquisition of four plants from General Motors (Delphi). Executed two add-on acquisitions. Hired the initial executive team. Led the new team for the launch year.
Kelsey Hayes Company, 12/1989 – 10/1995
Group Chief Executive
Merged the operations of Dayton Walther and Kelsey Hayes brake products. Led the turnaround of a brake products business which had been near bankruptcy. Achieved industry leadership with a new family of antilock brake systems. Garnered $800 million of new business.
Expanded operations from the US to Europe, Japan and China. Launched three new manufacturing plants on time and under budget.
Completed two major public offerings. Negotiated a merger with one of the other industry leading brake manufacturers. (Now part of TRW and Bosch)
Dayton Walther Corporation, 12/1988 – 11/1989
President and COO
Engaged as operations leader of a three person Kelsey Hayes Company acquisition team while leading Dayton Walther. Substantially restructured DW during this period. Used DW as a base of operations for the eventual acquisition of and merger with Kelsey Hayes.
ITT Automotive Group, 10/1985 – 11/1988
President of Teves America
Integrated five manufacturing facilities in North America and Brazil. The success of this endeavor led to recruitment by Varity Corporation to help acquire a Teves competitor, Kelsey Hayes Company. Teves is now part of Continental AG.
Rockwell International Automotive Group, 05/1978 – 09/1985
Vice President, Engineering
The Automotive Group was spun off and is now Meritor, Inc.
Consolidated and headed R&D, product engineering, manufacturing engineering and quality systems into one organization for the entire Automotive Group.
This was preceded by four years as General Manager of the Automotive Electronics division. Assigned by the Automotive Group President to assess whether this struggling startup could succeed. Turned the business around, refocused all effort away from government projects. Introduced the first onboard electronic fleet management system, which was the first application of GPS to vehicles.
Ford Motor Company Heavy Truck Operations, 05/1972 – 04/1978
Supervisor Business Planning
High potential rotation: systems engineer to group leader of three product engineering groups to supervisor of business planning.
LTV Aerospace Corporation , 06/1966 – 04/1972
Systems engineer for the Lance Missile System, and later for the Multiple Artillery Rocket System proposal. Drafting Leader while an undergraduate student.
· BSE, Aerospace Engineering. The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
· MBA. The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
USA Citizen. Married with two adult children.
Languages: English, German (rusty), French (translational), Latin.
· University of Michigan Alumni Association Life Member
· National Strength and Conditioning Association
· Developing IT applications: ASP.NET/VB
· Websites design: ASP.NET, WordPress
· MS Office: Proficient in all applications.
· Forensic accounting for M&A and operations analysis: long experience, no certification.